WTB 1936 Buick Roadmaster vacuum switch

Jack Welch

looking for a vacuum switch for large series 1936 Buick. There is a used one on eBay, but I would feel a whole lot safer with a NEW one Please email me with price . I would prefer to keep the car as original as possible and not just install a starter button.

Edited by Jack Welch (see edit history)

Jack, 

The only similar switch that I see on Ebay currently is a Model #1607 vacuum Switch which fits 1937 Buicks. The switch that you would need for a Large Series 1936 Buick would be Model #1601. I do not know what the difference is between the two switches and have no idea if you could get by with a #1607 Switch instead of a #1601. I would suggest you try calling Dave Tacheny. He might very well have one. You can best reach him at 763-427-3460 between 4 and 7pm Central. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 9:36 PM, MCHinson said:

Jack, 

The only similar switch that I see on Ebay currently is a Model #1607 vacuum Switch which fits 1937 Buicks. The switch that you would need for a Large Series 1936 Buick would be Model #1601. I do not know what the difference is between the two switches and have no idea if you could get by with a #1607 Switch instead of a #1601. I would suggest you try calling Dave Tacheny. He might very well have one. You can best reach him at 763-427-3460 between 4 and 7pm Central. 

12 hours ago, Buick35 said:

I recently bought one for my 35 40 series on e-bay but I'm not sure if it's the same or not.

Thanks to both of you

• Like 1