63-65 strut rod bushing kit - suggestions

OldGerman

Looking for a brake reaction rod bushing kit. Internet research provides some at least two different style's of rubber, with or without steel sleeve, but nothing seems to match the original Buick OEM design. What source or brand would you recommend / do you have positv or negativ experience ?  Is there any other Buick/GM model with the same parts design (Wildcat / Impala ?) Thank you, Frank

Unbenannt.JPG

4 hours ago, OldGerman said:

Looking for a brake reaction rod bushing kit. Internet research provides some at least two different style's of rubber, with or without steel sleeve, but nothing seems to match the original Buick OEM design. What source or brand would you recommend / do you have positv or negativ experience ?  Is there any other Buick/GM model with the same parts design (Wildcat / Impala ?) Thank you, Frank

Unbenannt.JPG

Frank,

Contact Tom Telesco (telriv) he sells them. That is where I got them for my 1963. Very happy with them.

Bill

3 minutes ago, Riviera63 said:

Frank,

Contact Tom Telesco (telriv) he sells them. That is where I got them for my 1963. Very happy with them.

Bill

I will do so, Thank you. 

Buick beefed these bushings up as the '60's progressed. You don't want the original design.

Moog offered the upgraded version for years but I suspect they may have stopped offering them in the last year or two. I'm sure they are easily found on Ebay as obsolete stock.

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Disassmbled the strut rod today. This is actual setup shown in attached photos. Seems to be the original 59years old parts.

the inner bore diameter of both washers are worn and grown over time. 

I Need a new old rod, the thread is Toast.

BB01D3AE-D860-4F2E-BEA7-3534387E9DF9.jpeg

CEE7BC04-8B62-46D9-AC63-0771BA143F46.jpeg