I've just recently heard the term "sorted out" pertaining to old cars.

Buick35

4 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

The only problem with your answer is that now we have to speculate what "niggly" means.

sorry , niggly is a quite common term we use to describe little faults that are annoying and keep arising , such as an intermittent rattle or loose connection which frustrates if you can’t  locate , hence niggles (annoys ) you 

hope that helps 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

How about the term “hoopty”?

Below is the definition according to Wikipedia…….

Basically, a piece of shit car. Usually cheap and/or broken down. Can be any size, make or model, but must (or should) be embarrassing to drive for some .……

We are all driving hoopty’s!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 3

I've been calling all of mine hoopties, but if that's the definition I might miss on a point or two. Re-examining my life choices now, like the day I sold that fender-flapping Studebaker Wagonaire that people would make room for on the freeway.

Hoopties , not a word I’ve heard before , but going by the description, I’m sad to say economics demanded when I was young and during early  married life I’ had quite a few , we would call them ‘ bangers ‘Not sure exactly the same  but certainly similar. I had a part time decorating job once , and bought this very cheap ford Thames van , thought would be useful , it had been hand painted had dents and rust , was terrible, my wife hated it and would not let me park it near our home 😁Fortunately for her it only lasted 5/6 weeks before engine went and I scrapped it and bought another banger  a Morris traveller, not quite as bad ran for nearly two years , until apprentices at work played bumper cars with it in the yard at work.

Banger racing popular over here , but the cars aren’t as strong as those 50s and 60s wrecks and don’t last long 

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)