Mystery grill

Soupiov

The more I look at the eBay pictures the more I think my grill is not for a '38 as the top mounting is different.  Could it be for a '37?  Just want to make sure it gets to the right place as I am sure someone could use it.

I looked it up in the book "Lasalle: Cadillac's Companion Car". The emblem at the top is from a 1937 Lasalle. It is a reasonable assumption the grille is too. 1937 and 1938 Lasalle grills look the same but are not the same dimensions. The logo is different from 1937 to 1938 also. To be certain, post on the Cadillac and Lasalle Club forum with dimensions. Someone there will know the difference. 

If you think the grill on Ebay is expensive, check out the price on having that rechromed. A grill in pretty good shape like that one will seem like a bargain. 

Edited by Tom Boehm (see edit history)

I searched for a part number but can't find anything on the grill.  However, based on the information in the other forum discussion I am certain it is a '37 grill.  As far as the plating issue is concerned,  I am fully aware of the cost of plating.  I just picked up 4 bumper bars from the plater for my 1930 Plymouth.  They had them for almost a year and the cost was $1,300.   That is the quote they gave me when I dropped them off and at the time I thought it was rather high.    When I picked them up they told me that if I was dropping my parts off for plating today the same work would cost $2,700.  Ouch!

Thanks for all the help, I just want to see the grill find a good home.  It does no one any good as a wall hanger!