1924 Cleveland 3 window coupe

BryanC17reo

Looking for information or photos , patterns ect to assist me in rewooding this body ,I have patterns for the sills ,and the A pillers and lock pillers ,top rails ,what I need is photos of the rear window frame ,Built by fisher body company so may gm 3 window coupe body s are similar ,long shot thanks   body photo for reference

1293751522_68Vol1No3SepOctFBSB2x.thumb.jpg.da1c731ec6c0f432565a724dc0d9504b.jpg

PXL_20220613_143420598.jpg

PXL_20220610_140155419.jpg

• Like 2

Prepare yourself for the onslaught of folks telling you your vehicle is just a parts car and a waste of time and money since you cannot restore it and make a profit.  I'm sure you know that already.  As I often say,  "Beware the Philistine who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing".

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just my 2 cents, but I would be inclined to look for a Reo cab and front sheet metal , radiator. Just saw a very decent, all steel, early truck cab at a swap meet { Fagel }.  Price was very reasonable. Keeping the Cleveland body would result in a interesting truck, but it's going to be a very large undertaking.

Reo trucks may not be common, but I have seen a few over the years. 

The Cleveland might be a better propisition if returned to a Cleveland car chassis. Do you have all the metal parts for the Cleveland ? Except the cut off rear section of course. At least it is a 3 window coupe, but still a lot of wood work.

It's rarely about potential profit on 90 % of pre war vehicles, but at some point the amount of time you have to invest becomes a concern.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BryanC17reo said:

Thanks restorer 32 , I'm at a point in my life that it's not for profit anymore ,just pleasure to use the skills obtained during my lifetime for my own self gratification !😎

A labour of love crack on and enjoy

Bryan, I'm amazed how much information you've gathered on this truck in such a short time. It truly is one-of-a-kind. If only the parts could talk and tell the story behind it's construction and history. An early Ernest Holmes wrecker. An very early extended cab.  Just looking at it creates questions. Why, why, why? What a fun project!

• Thanks 1