Body seam sealer under floor tar

Hans3

What's the modern equivalent of the body seam sealer that lines the floor metal under the insulating tar paper (1st-gen)?  It has the consistency of dried silly putty but was likely pliable back in the day.

On same topic, is there a modern floor liner substitute with similar appearance to tar paper?  Not a fan of the look or price of space shuttle-grade Dynamat.

https://www.semproducts.com/product/1k-seam-sealers/29392

This would have only been applied to the seams/joints in metal and often quite sloppy application. There are other quality brands besides SEM. Any good body shop supply will have it.

I never liked the modern look of Dynamat either even though you can't see it once carpeting is down. I never used it in any Riv I redid but have used it in other vehicles when someone else was paying for it. LOL. Having said that it is a superior product.....and should be for the price.

The original thick tar-backed fiber board is not reproduced as far as I know. I have painstakingly removed original stuff in pieces so it could be reused. It can be melted back together with a heat gun. On different occasions I have used a couple layers of old style 30lb roofing felt paper which is asphalt impregnated. 

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

3M could well have been the supplier for the seam sealer product, back then.  Can be had in caulking gun tubes, now.

Might use the spray-on LizzardSkin product as an alternative to Dyna Mat or similar?  It can be used inside or outside.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467