Do you say motor, or engine?

On 6/5/2022 at 9:44 AM, Pfeil said:

I see, the creator created the engine out of need and when he put that engine in a carriage it became a motorcar. The creator got a little confused when he created an engine to go in a sailing ship so he just called the ship a steam ship with a steam engine, but just to satisfy all, the little baby boats (life boats) were named motorboats, unless they didn't have a engine they were just row boats. The creator got his senses back when he created  piston and jet engines for his airplane but did name all the auxiliary electrical devises motors so as to not confuse anyone especially air traffic controllers who had adopted the most expressive language in the world (English) concerning the human condition so as not to confuse anyone in the air or on the ground.

image.jpeg.926fdb86d4dc11566bc893654a43931b.jpegimage.jpeg.6de11b25dd7f8fd708188dfc722cfe1e.jpeg

However, the guys at the fire department were confused because one of them forgot to bring the firemotor to the fire even though a fire  engine was available right next to them.image.jpeg.92111c8287e0dbc8a31b58ab39d5d478.jpeg

Nobody gets it!It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (Message Board)

Without the photos I would not have gotten all your references.

By the way, that movie was apparently the favorite with the founder of the In-N-Out burger chain and it is my understanding that there are crossed palm trees at all their locations because of that.

I told a friend of mine, Model A roadster owner, about this thread with arguments over using motor and engine.  He replied "Sounds like a bunch of old men who have nothing better to do with their time!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, marcapra said:

I told a friend of mine, Model A roadster owner, about this thread with arguments over using motor and engine.  He replied "Sounds like a bunch of old men who have nothing better to do with their time!"

The fact that you two were talking about this thread says a lot about having nothing better to do with your time. :) 

• Haha 2