Need make and year

Jonee

Someone wants the people in this photo removed and just show the vehicle. If I could find the year and make I would be able to fill in the area where the people stand now with the correct look of the vehicle. I know with the people in it and the back cut off you may not be able to tell. Any help would be much appreciated.car.jpg.0c19b3a76803c3aea723f87ac20d69d1.jpg

I was about to agree i that it was an MO series Oxford but then if you look at the front fender you can see the raised section for the headlight which the Oxford does not have - unless that is an optical illusion. It is a pity the couple are obscuring the centre pillar area.

Here is a Minor - 

See the source image

Compare with an MO Oxford - no raised section of the fender - it also has a much bulkier C pillar which our mystery car does not have - 

See the source image

• Like 1

Couple of other things that identify as a Minor.  The body moulding which runs across the body under the rear window is not on the MO ( Oxford) and the moulding that extends from the door handle is longer on the Oxford. As to what year it is, that is not easy to do with what can be seen.  The rear window was enlarged in the 1960's, but little else changed.

• Like 1

The Minor 1000 (Series III introduced in 1956) had a larger rear window than the subject car.  It appears to be a Series II (1953-56) with later hubcaps installed.

• Like 1