Help with identifying this car.

waynehansen

If you want to see the body saved and eventually turned into something, my advice, sell it to someone for what you have sunk into it. If a potential restorer got this "for nothing", it would mean the beginning of a restoration exercise which will result in the person spending more to get a vehicle on the road than he/she could ever recover on resale. So the reality is the body is really worth zero, and if you can pass it on to a willing taker, accept a nominal fee to cover your expenses and be happy you gave it a possible future. JMHO.

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I think that body would be of interest to the EMF bunch which stands for Everitt,Metzger and Flanders,or in some cases Every Morning Fix,Every Mechanical Failure or Every Mechanics Friend. Someone really into an early brass era make knows that mechanical parts can be found,whether it's a hay trailer conversion,power unit on a pump,etc. If you needed a trans case and there was a near complete chassis in Cleveland with what you needed and you were in Denver,you went and got it. So the mechanical parts accumulated in the collectors back yard. The bodies almost always got thrown away. Or maybe in a rare occasion got stuck up in the barn and saved. I would think there would be a few guys in the country that had the majority of a chassis,would love to have that body and the jump to getting one back on the road.  I believe you could put it on the Horseless Carriage site even if not a member. Go ahead,make someone's day.

• Like 1

Roadsters are in reasonable demand. And EMF is a car that is reasonably well known in brass car circles. I would guess it's a $2000.00 - $2500.00 body. Any cheaper than that and some rodder might grab it for a " T bucket " build. Way too good a body for that to be its fate.

I have the front 1/2 of a cast aluminium Marmon body . I would want around that figure if I was going to sell it, and people have been looking for a chassis for it for decades. An EMF has to be easier to piece together.

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1