Buick reatta newbie - display panel blank

Ricky_001

Welcome to the world of Reattas. 

We need more information.    1988-89 Reattas shared the insturment panel with Rivieras.... most electrical parts are shared with The Riviera making those more abundent donors great to find. 

The 88-89 also had the CRT display in the center of the dash.     If you have one of these early Reattas be more specific which is blank. 

1990-91 Reattas got an instrument panel redesign.    Again the parts are shared with Rivieras this time up to 1993

The CRT went away,  the radio and heater controls were no longer controlled via the CRT. 

• Ronnie changed the title to Buick reatta newbie - display panel blank

BTW 1986-1987  Rivieras used a slightly different CRT but they interchange. Kent-Moore J-34914 usually goes for about $50 on eBay. If not need a DVM to troubleshoot. Description is on page 8A-83 in the 89 Service manual.

No that makes more sense and probably has lost power. See section 8A-82 in the Service Manual for the IPC, 8a-82-9 for diagnosis. Does pressing the TEST button with key in RUN do anything ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2022 at 5:41 PM, padgett said:

No that makes more sense and probably has lost power. See section 8A-82 in the Service Manual for the IPC, 8a-82-9 for diagnosis. Does pressing the TEST button with key in RUN do anything ?

No it doesn't do anything still just blank.

The only ones that end up lighting up is the bottom bar underneath it. Like the oil check engine etc. The bar above it is blank 

5 hours ago, padgett said:

If have radio and HVAC, should be able to get into diagnostics.  See here. May also need to pull the IPC and check for display power.

I've gotten into the diagnostics as shown in the booklet and check out everything terms of the ipc but I don't exactly know what I'm looking out for. Thank you for your time btw I really appreciate you doing this for me. I'm gonna pull the ipc very soon but what should I be looking out for??

12 hours ago, Ricky_001 said:

I've gotten into the diagnostics as shown in the booklet and check out everything terms of the ipc but I don't exactly know what I'm looking out for. Thank you for your time btw I really appreciate you doing this for me. I'm gonna pull the ipc very soon but what should I be looking out for??

Follow the instructions for entering diagnostics on this page on my website. Write down any trouble codes that are displayed and report them to us here. They might help us determine your problem.