Nos Nissan parts

Tarekss1

I have a large stock of Nissan NOS parts... I was wondering if any one has some tips on how to sell these parts... I know that listing on eBay is a good place to start. However the stock is too big to be sold to consumers one at a time.. The parts include engine parts like diado and taiho bearings, original Nissan pistons and piston rings, crank shafts, connecting rods many of which are original Nissan parts never opened and never used. The engine parts are suitable for h20 sd22 sd23 A14 L18 z20 z22 z24 and ed33 engines. For instance I have about 100 original piston ring sets of all sizes for the h20 alone, it seems too much of a hassle to sell them one by one on ebay... I know that these are old engines but some of them are fitted in cars that some still value and some of these engines are still being fitted in heavy equipments like forklifts etc... What do you guys think? 

I know this is not the right place to get specific information about Nissan parts. However, I thought maybe some of you might have experience about NOS parts in general given the nature of this forum. I did some research and found out that the parts could interest some of those who happen to own old cars. Many of the engine parts can be fitted in some thought after collactible Nissan cars also many of these engines are still fitted in heavy machinery as I pointed out. I thought may be some of you who managed to sell their NOS parts for American made cars could provide some valuable insights into the process. 

Edited by Tarekss1 (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, Tarekss1 said:

I know this is not the right place to get specific information about Nissan parts. However, I thought maybe some of you might have experience about NOS parts in general given the nature of this forum. I did some research and found out that the parts could interest some of those who happen to own old cars. Many of the engine parts can be fitted in some thought after collactible Nissan cars also many of these engines are still fitted in heavy machinery as I pointed out. I thought may be some of you who managed to sell their NOS parts for American made cars could provide some valuable insights into the process. 

Most of the following for those cars is along the west coast - there are pockets else where but that is where the bulk of the interest is.  If you tell us where you are located I might be able to help you out.  By large quantity are you talking a few hundred pieces or a tractor trailer worth?  Not trying to be smart but it does make a difference on how best to move/market the parts.

1 hour ago, Tarekss1 said:

The reason I asked is that NISSAN in the late 80's completely gutted from Master depot to the rest of the PDCs warehouse parts that were over 8 years old. I myself picked up a new L20 engine, carb to pan with alternator, belts, everything for pennies on the dollar. What a deal. The reason for this clearance was the government. The government decided to tax inventory and also the requirement of holding parts was shortened to eight years. Those parts were sold, the parts that didn't sell were scrapped.

Well these parts were difenitly not scrapped.. The reason is simple most of these engines were still being fitted in heavy machinery like the Nissan 2.5 ton forklift... Actually an h20 | | engine is still being produced till today. The piston rings fit both the newer and older versions.. They won't scrap them when they still produce them... The engine was also fitted in the Nissan Gloria which was successful back then and is still regarded as a good Japanese collectible car. The reason I have so many of these parts is that the local dealer distributed his share of original parts to the distributors and my father was taking a percentage of his share of original parts. What I have is only less than 10 per cent of the original quantities. If I have 100 piston rings then we had 1000 or more and this is what's left of them. Besides the parts include stuff that fits in the Nissan fairlady, the Gloria, the Nissan president, 140ymany of which are still owned by those who like classic Japanese cars. 

Edited by Tarekss1 (see edit history)