the first "Motor Camping Book" 1921

m-mman

This is the first "Motor Camping Book" from 1921.  Supposedly the oldest and first book to describe how to travel & camp in a motor car.   

I was most interested in the oldest-first directions about how to use the "Egyptian" water bag. (AKA "Desert" water bag) in an automobile. Everyone has seen them but I had never found good instructions before.

Original Directions - DONT hang it on the side of the car, it will scratch the paint, hang it from the top bows. 😉    Now who ever displays one that way?

Lots of other neat stuff like how to carry the baby, with the bassinet secured to the running board. 😲

The book is in the public domain. This link is for a (free) PDF copy of the book. Searching the title and author, you can also find new printed copies.

https://books.googleusercontent.com/books/content?req=AKW5QaeFxJtDWZfZUMsvPwVW97zUkh3xspraUD8LL1ZpplDbAjLWZ2mgWSktnK8i_0q8SnBC_rhxtZ1pgPTJTcKh29JIGOYwDI8G6_nvdZ6KBlBgO4NjkNq65vkR2AJMQ0UD0b0n6PCvST41nNbWfSkkaHWLBgZTB0IzmYKkR4ZX0z7vW6WkPxujPYlosWCg2txSgDOAPiV_CRHOpBmLyFLbJexALhm6OmAbBkbG7iy9V-DNrYnoQzPscRUw_883KQtCoCXalHuQZAzQLIhK3YMgTw45Xt3-Ww

• Like 1