1956 Buick Special seats question

ScottfromDallad

First post here. My 15-year old son was recently given a 56 Buick Special 4 door sedan by a coworker of mine. Runs like a top but it otherwise leans more toward Rat Rod status. The seats are in rough shape. I found some “new” seats for sale on eBay out of a 56 Buick Century. Can I assume these sats will fit? They are 18 hours away and I’m having trouble getting the seller to respond to questions. Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ben- 

I don’t know that the seats being sold are out of a 4 door sedan. I guess that’s the big question. I’ve posted the question to the sender a couple of times with no response. But the seats look great so I’m hoping for good news. I’ll post a couple of pics. Thanks again.6866A756-1EFC-4BD9-B4B9-19C63CFDBD82.jpeg.16c84d9b3e3d6fa4ffc0551d42d0b8e0.jpeg7DEB9192-9411-418B-A1ED-897B9A5354B3.png.444d6385a1abb8095fafa7cfcff9dc09.png

I'd look into a local trim shop. Seats are oversize shipping items, and bulky and clumsy to ship which translates to $$$. You might come out cheaper getting yours done locally.

If you like the style and pattern of those ebay seats any good trimmer can duplicate it. Have him restuff the seats and repair any broken springs while you're into it.

White vinyl: soils easily but easy to clean. If your boy is a jeans guy expect to see blue or black smudges on the vinyl. If he's a shorts guy he'll quickly learn to lay towels on that vinyl in summer!😬🥵

Do your homework on what the correct pattern and materials were.  An all-vinyl job in correct pattern will be better in look and value than an incorrect type of cloth.  Do not use polyester cloth - this always looks like the cheap shortcut it is, and drags down the whole car.

Likewise find out what the correct exterior colors and color combinations were.

This kind of research adds little to the cost but lots to the authenticity and value.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...