Random plug?

Buickneem

Without more to go on, it could be for the optional rear defroster (defogger). It there a switch for one?

Where was the carpet sourced from? I had to take my ACC carpet to an upholstery shop to have binding at the top edge installed.

Rivieras came with a wring harness for all options. Could be for cruise, Guidematic, Twiglight sentinel, or rear defroster. But to me it looks like someone tapped into something for a feed. Have you checked to see if it’s hot?  Trace it back to a relay or the fuse box. Compare the color/tracer to a wiring schematic.

Thanks guys! Rear window defroster makes sense given that I don’t have that option. But I’ll check to see if it’s hot and trace it back too.

The carpet was from Clark’s Corvair. I couldn’t be happier with their selection products for Rivieras 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Buickneem said:

Thanks guys! Rear window defroster makes sense given that I don’t have that option. But I’ll check to see if it’s hot and trace it back too.

The carpet was from Clark’s Corvair. I couldn’t be happier with their selection products for Rivieras 

It won't be hot...that wire feeds voltage to the defroster motor in  the package shelf via the other components in the system.  If you don't have the switch or resistor there is nothing to direct the voltage.

Tom