American in Paris

Vintman

Hi Folks,  This well known photo of a couple of senior/junior Citroens also features American car back right; Dodge suggested. Concerned that this could be a De Soto, so would appreciate any input.

Regards

Vintman  (UK)

www.svvs.org

NL.jpg

2 minutes ago, Vintman said:

Hi Folks,  This well known photo of a couple of senior/junior Citroens also features American car back right; Dodge suggested. Concerned that this could be a De Soto, so would appreciate any input.

Regards

Vintman  (UK)

www.svvs.org

NL.jpg

Definitely a mid 1920s Dodge Brothers on the right. DeSoto started out in 1928.

1 hour ago, Vintman said:

Thanks Folks. Can anybody give me actual year and model of the Dodge as I am having some difficulty in matching the radiator? It seems to have a chrome strip along the edge.

Regards

Vintman

That is a painted radiator - with the light reflecting off it. I think it will be near impossible to date accurately as identifying features are not readily visible. 1923 was the last year for no hood louvres. 1924 supposedly has a higher radiator but they are hard to tell apart. For 1925 they changed from 24" wheels to 20s.

I reckon it is a 1924 model. What doesn't help is Dodge essentially made only one line of cars but did mid year model introductions and made interim changes as well. From 1925 there was a 'Special' line -  with plated radiator shells,  bumpers as standard and other features. As far as a model name goes from 1923 to 1925 they were simply Series 116. And of course there are those that insist on referring to them as Dodge Brothers. It does say that on the radiator badge but of course by 1924 the brothers had been dead for several years.

14 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

Citroen appears to be about 1924 Town Coupe, high cab, suicide doors etc, and based on rad shape and eyebrows on front fenders. So K31 is on mark, likely mid 20's DB.

24 Citroen town Coupe.jpg

1924 Citroen.jpg

Of course Vintman knows his early Citroens - Vintage Citroen Register (svvs.org)

This is his cabriolet - A brief history of Andre Citroen and of the 5CV Citroen Model C (svvs.org)

It was in the shed when I was there in 2016 but I appear to have neglected to get a photo.😕