For Sale: 1959 Pontiac Bonneville Vista Hardtop - "Everything works except original radio" - Sandusky, OH - Not Mine

For sale on Facebook: 1959 Pontiac Bonneville 4-door Vista Hardtop in Sandusky, OH  -  $12,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1075022176418422/1959-Pontiac-Bonneville-Vista-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1959 Pontiac Bonneville 4-door Vista Hardtop

• Driven 94,200 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Burgundy

Yes, everything is working except original radio. 389 motor runs strong. Transmission was gone through and shifts great. Taken to many car shows and always draws attention. Yes, there's rust, it's a 59.

image.png.8cb9ed56fdf117f0e9fcb5f49bb6d702.png

image.png.45e801f916598fa62bcd35171fa92394.png

image.png.1d014d60bf93c6a54452bc5e83075316.png

image.png.a17b8540ab2ccea8e4d792a1d439649b.png

image.png.cc2ab1c39d3474e30aef51cbfb2e9ebc.png

6 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

I don't understand why they always change the wheels .I adore the original wheels and hub caps .

I agree.  Mag wheels or the dreaded cragars do nothing for a 59 anything 4 door sedan.   I don't really like them on anything,  but they seem ridiculous on a 4 door car like this. 

• Like 3

A somewhat desirable car but not worth $12K with all the rust IMO. The seller (to his credit) is even telling you it's rusty. Lose the tires, wheels, and Ford mirrors. Even so if the price could be negotiated down a little I wouldn't be surprised if some overseas buyer took a chance on it.

• Like 1

Ok, not a Pontiac expert, but what's with that back seat? 

Did 59 Bonnevilles have armrests? This one is thin and doesnt touch the cushion, which makes me think of a 80s type design,

The ends of the backrest seem to angle in slightly and the diagonal seams at the corners, also dont seem like a 1959 style. . . . . 

I have seen later seats put up front (especially for an arm rest) but not in the rear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, m-mman said:

Ok, not a Pontiac expert, but what's with that back seat? 

Did 59 Bonnevilles have armrests? This one is thin and doesnt touch the cushion, which makes me think of a 80s type design,

The ends of the backrest seem to angle in slightly and the diagonal seams at the corners, also dont seem like a 1959 style. . . . . 

I have seen later seats put up front (especially for an arm rest) but not in the rear. 

The entire top section of the back seat isn't correct for a 1959 Pontiac, it should be shaped like the front seat and flow smoothly up to the rear deck and not be squared off. It must come from a later model car and was upholstered to resemble a 1959 Pontiac interior. Some 1959 Pontiacs (like this Bonny) did have rear center armrests but like you said, they were lower and touched the rear seat cushion. Good eye & a good catch, m-mman!

• Like 1