Left Rear Window

Attempted to lower left rear window, did not respond to switch, all other windows operated normally and lowered.  I removed the master switch module and made continuity check of the left rear switch and in checked out ok.  My assumption is the problem is in the harness or lift motor.  Has anyone else had this problem and repaired it?  Also used jumper wires directly from the battery to the power wires to the motor with no success, which led me to believe it's a wiring harness or motor problem.  Any and all inputs would be appreciated.

5 hours ago, AdamsTC said:

My driver's rear window is the only flaky one of the bunch too!  It goes up and down but stops intermittently each direction.

No doubt it moves very slowly due to binding in the channel which overloads the motor and causes the circuit breaker to ‘open’ the circuit intermittently. I have that with my TC also. Too much labor involved chasing that one down, just live with it.

I have no answer for no1parfive

As it relates to the circuit breaker, which feeds the master switch, the other windows work properly, so I'm assuming the breaker is ok.  My window is stuck in the up position, not good when the top is down and all other windows are down, don't know of a way to get it down manually, if so, I could live with it.  Appreciate your input, looks like a lot of work ahead to try to fix this problem.

If you rain jumper wire from the battery directly to the motor and were applying the power to the correct terminals and the motor didn't respond you have identified your problem. Or at least one of them.  I don't have a wiring diagram but you should be able to apply 12 volts to the proper terminals on the motor and it will run if it's functional. If it's not functional you can probably find another Dodge /Chrysler motor that interchanges. Probably even a new one.  Let us know how it goes and what you find out. When you take things apart be sure you clean the tracks well while you've got it apart.  

• Like 1

Appears that I will have to replace or repair (if possible) the lift motor (assuming the wiring harness from the switch is ok), the real problem is gaining access to the motor, looks like a lot of work, anyone ever replaced one, or know any shortcuts to accessing this motor?

WOW,,,,,,that would definitely expose the motor......I was thinking about cutting an opening inside the door frame panel (after removing the chrome cover plate), this would give access to the motor but don't know if that would give me access to the motor mount bolts....really don't know if the motor can be removed without removing the entire assembly.....as I stated before, if I could get the window lowered manually, I would make do with this problem.......appreciate the pic and all other help.....

The right way is to remove the entire spare tire compartment as a 1 piece unit. It takes a little time to find all the screws, but to is not really hard to do. 
You want to have the hard roof off so you have room to work, then have a helper help you to loft it all up and out.

I still have both complete 1/4 windows with motors and guide mechanisms.

If you go for it, I could dig them out and send you a picture of one.

I'm still laughing about the "shortcut".  Reminded me of something that happened about 30 years ago when we undertook the restoration of a Barracuda convertible as a father/daughter project.  One of the things that needed fixing on the car was a right rear window which would not roll down.  The inner panel came off very easily and it was easy enough to diagnose and repair the problem - a leather satchel containing some illegal organic material was jammed in the mechanism.  A while after completing the various repairs the car was ready for registration, but it turned out that the first digit of the VIN on the title was "8", while all Barracuda VINs begin with "B".  Apparently someone simply misread the VIN.  Our local DMV said all I had to do was have the VIN on the car verified by a law enforcement officer.  No problem as a buddy was a State trooper.  He verified the VIN, and DMV issued me new ownership documentation.  Fortunately my friend did not have a drug sniffing dog with him.

• Like 1

Was able to get my rear window to operate again, for how long, anybody's guess.  I decided to try the old "bang, bang" method.  I was able to slide a tire iron down to the motor through the rag top framework opening, banged on the motor 4-5 times, and low and behold, it started responding to the switch, was able to raise and lower the window, will leave it down forever....lol, I only drive it occasionally, and always with the rag top down. Appreciate all the inputs received, thanks, guys.

• Like 1