Body build sheet

OlWils

Hi all

First post here from a Riviera owners member in Sweden and it is about my 1969 Riviera. Found this beside the driver side kick panel and thought first it was the option sheet. However it seems that it is listing the options from the body plant. First numbers correspond with the cowl plate numbers regarding colors etc, but the rest? Does anyone know of these codes?

IMG_1671.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

They're standard GM/Fisher Body option codes. They told Fisher Body plant what they had to install to accommodate the options.

C61- automatic temperature control air conditioning 

A91- vacuum trunk release 

A93- vacuum power door locks

A01- tinted glass

A42- 6-way power bench seat

A31- electric windows

A69- passenger reclining seat (Strato-Bench seat and very rare)

B84- exterior body side mouldings 

B93- door edge guard mouldings 

C50- blower type rear window defogger 

D33- remote controlled outside driver's mirror 

U80- rear speaker

You have a highly optioned Riviera. I hope they all still work!

• Like 1

Thank you Glenn for this information! Yes the Riviera has many options including disc brakes, cruise control and sure grip differential. The rear defroster is missing so I will try to locate one. The automatic air conditioning did not work so I have converted it to manual since these options seldom worked even when new. All else are functioning, even the cruise control to my surprise. Body moldings have disappeared after a repaint, also the door edge guards. When new the Riviera was sold to Frank Sinatra Jr and first I did not believe this was true but the documentation with protectoplate seems to be authentic. The VIN tag number is also stamped on the engine and everything seems to be untouched.

Riviera warranty.jpg

IMG_1436.jpg

Riviera protectoplate.jpg

IMG_1666.jpg

• Like 2

Great history!😎

I think the B84 mouldings are still in place. They're the wide beltline mouldings below the windows.

Look in the door jambs and see if the mounting screw holes for the door edge guards are still there. Even if the car never had them there should be a dimple on the door structure to show where the screws went. If they were removed the holes may have been filled.

• Like 1