1924 Chevrolet Superior original paint colors

Steve G

I am looking for the original paint color options for my 24 superior touring deluxe. It is red now. If that is an original color for it, I would like to verify the paint color, brand and shade if possible for restoration. Is there anyway with the vin# I can break down any information on this car of this vintage?

I hope someone here can help you out with some options. If you aren't already, get involved in a group that focuses on early Chevys and pick those guys' brains. From what I remember, I think in '24 or '25 Chevy switched to Dupont Duco lacquers. Up to that point vanish paints were the common practice. Also, there aren't many paint formulas recorded for pre 1930 vehicles, and old formulas don't translate well either, so you'll probably have to find a paint that looks right based on the information you can find. Research wise, I think your best bet is going to be to track down some original sales brochures to get some clues or color names. From there you can try to determine what is acceptable. I am not a paint or Chevy expert, but I hope this is helpful.

I don't have it reloaded on my computer after it crashed but do a search of Vintage Chevrolet Club of America. You don't have to be a member to post questions, just sign up. They do have an online rate with digital magazine. 

I have a 24 Roadster and it is all black. I know I have seen the info your looking for but can't put my hands on it yet. Here is the VCCA site link. I belong to the VCCA and it is an excellent organization well worth the yearly dues.

Dave

https://vccachat.org/ubbthreads.php/forum_summary.html 

Edited by Dave39MD (see edit history)

I found my 24 sales catalog. The pages are in faint color and all the cars look black except the Deluxe Touring. The only verbiage I found on color also refer to the Deluxe Touring. I will attach a few photos.

Good luck and I hope you come back.

Dave 

delux touring pic.jpg

dlx touring car catalog page.jpg

touring pic.jpg