Rear body section.

Kean Thompson

I have had this phaeton / touring rear body section for over 20 years UNIDENTIFIED. I even had it on this forum without success despite those protective knobs which might have been a clue. Last night I found a 1927 Master Buick, currently for sale. I hope that my rear section is now identified. Buick experts out there - what are your thoughts?

Capture unknown tub.PNG

13099296 (1).jpg

It looks right for 1924-1928 Buick model 55, which is on the 128" wheelbase.  A few more photos would confirm this identification. 

Touring cars were easily turned into a truck by removing the rear body, and many of them suffered this fate. This appears to be one of those rear sections that was removed and stored in a barn.   Somebody out there needs this to complete a project car or has a frankenstein car like this one with home made rear body that is begging to be returned to original factory configuration.  

frankenstein.jpg

• Like 1

Holden bodies may have been very close on the outside, but the wood framing, inside brackets, and floor pans were different from Flint built bodies that I have seen.   First 4 photos are the Holden model 55. Last 2 photos are a Flint Michigan built model 45 that I am working on showing the rear underseat floor pan and that heavy bracket at the front of rear wheel well. 

1925 Holden model 55_2.jpg

1925 Holden Model 55 _6.jpg

1925 Model 55_6.jpg

1925 Holden model-55_4.jpg

rear wood 1.jpg

rear wood 2.jpg