PB Front Shocks

Canadian PB Kid

I'm getting ready to install my front shocks after disassembling, cleaning and reassembly and was wondering a few things,

why is the right a different design? Is it a single action and the left is double action? or off another model?... for the PB the parts book list one with air wheels and one without air wheels.... What are air wheels?

I've read on this site that jack oil is the most preferred oil in most models, would that apply to these styles? It was suggested to me by local old-timer that 80w90 works very well... 

TIA 

Dave

STAY SAFE!

spare frt shocks2.jpg

spare frt shocks.jpg

2 hours ago, broker-len said:

I may have correct shocks for your car      bobnroman@yahoo.com

I wasn't really looking for different shocks, I was asking questions about the ones I have... what is the difference with yours?....Why are mine incorrect?....could you post some pictures...

Dave

STAY SAFE!

12 hours ago, 31plymouth said:

Are they stamped with part numbers to check in the Master Parts book?

The one on the right is stamped 43140 with a R2 below that, the one on the left is stamped 41104 also with a R2 below (casting plant? as they both are stamped Dayton).... they both bolt on and the arms line up with the links on the eyelets.

What are "air wheels" that are listed in the United motors section of the parts book?

TIA

Dave

STAY SAFE!

50 minutes ago, Canadian PB Kid said:

The one on the right is stamped 43140 with a R2 below that, the one on the left is stamped 41104 also with a R2 below (casting plant? as they both are stamped Dayton).... they both bolt on and the arms line up with the links on the eyelets.

What are "air wheels" that are listed in the United motors section of the parts book?

TIA

Dave

STAY SAFE!

Here are some high clearance Goodyear air wheels....

Goodyear Air Wheels.jpg

• Thanks 1