Front and Rear Pleasuizer Shock P/N

buick man

I got hold of Delco Pleasurizer P/N book that goes up to 1970.  It states for the 1956 the fronts would be P-1006 and the rears P-1011 and for HD P-2006 Front but no P/N for rears.  For 1957 just a dash for fronts and for rears the same as the 1956  P/N P- 1011.  Now I am no expert on 56 Buicks but realize the 56 had no ball joints and a different upper and lower control arm configuration and perch so the shock inner guts would need to be different as to length of travel etc.  What does this dash mean and/or by 1970 the 1957 fronts were NLA ?? 

719162300_DelcoPleasurizerjpeg.jpg.e8ac560861653b63ab817d225a001c60.jpg

"---" means "no part for that application" at the time the catalog was printed.  Although earlier catalogs might have part numbers for some of those applications, in general.  

The "Delco Pleasurizer" was the Delco aftermarket shocks of the later 1960s.  Seems like they had a small gas pouch containing "gas" to help prevent bubbles forming in the shock fluid, as one of their main selling points.  Other than that, just a Delco shock painted gold with some fancy labels on it.  Competing with Gabriel and Monroe back then.  Seems like that by the earlier 1970s, the "Pleasurizers" had morphed into something else?  Most auto supplies were already selling Monroes and only the ones already selling AC-Delco parts had access to them, as I recall.  The "Pleasurizers" were only "modern tube shocks", rather than what Buick used before they changed to that type.

Other than this, I defer to @Old-Tank on suspension differences on the '55-'57 Buick suspensions.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

On that chart it shows a Pleasurizer lift set number listing where the 57 has a part number matching the 56. Since there is also a lift kit listed it would seem that the "set" refers to the shocks.  But that can't be right. What does the "set" refer to?

Thanks guys for your input.  That is what I was thinking as well about the date of the parts book.  No doubt an older book should list the fronts.  I have NOS Delco's for the front but the earlier version not the Pleasurizer line which was greater in diameter and had superior valving etc.