1929 Pontiac, 6-29 Radiator

RoyG

Oakland radiator has a different part number.  All Pontiacs of the splithead era ('26-'32) have unique radiators.  I would suggest you advertise/look at joining the Early Times Chapter of the Pontiac-Oakland Club and/or the Oakland Pontiac Worldwide Chapter of AACA.  These groups have a fairly broad audience and people with parts.  Also search eBay every day. You never know what you find there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a friend who has a '29 Pontiac sedan. He bought it because his dad worked at a Pontiac factory in 1929 and may have helped build that car. That Pontiac has a cross flow radiator. Some research will be needed to see if it is a one year or one marque application. The connections from the engine will be in a different position for a traditional downward flow radiator.

Art 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 12:59 AM, a sell said:

I have a friend who has a '29 Pontiac sedan. He bought it because his dad worked at a Pontiac factory in 1929 and may have helped build that car. That Pontiac has a cross flow radiator. Some research will be needed to see if it is a one year or one marque application. The connections from the engine will be in a different position for a traditional downward flow radiator.

Art 

They are very different. Both 1928 models are 24" between the two side tanks and the 1929 model was 26⅜". Pontiac crossflow radiators from 1928-1932 all were one-year-only. 1933-1934 and 1935-1936 were two-years only. In 1937, Pontiac moved to downflow radiators.