Vintage Buick Engine Number Identification

Gerhard

Hello fellow Vintage Enthusiasts.

I own a restored right-hand-drive Buick Vintage Tourer from the 1920's, but do not know much about it's history or any other details. The wheelbase we measured as 114 inch and the number on the engine tag on the left hand side of the engine below and to the right of the the updraft carburetor  reads : 2113243.  

Is there anyone out there who can make sense of this, i.e. can tell me the year and the model, please?

Cheers  Gerhard

5 hours ago, Gerhard said:

Hello fellow Vintage Enthusiasts.

I own a restored right-hand-drive Buick Vintage Tourer from the 1920's, but do not know much about it's history or any other details. The wheelbase we measured as 114 inch and the number on the engine tag on the left hand side of the engine below and to the right of the the updraft carburetor  reads : 2113243.  

Is there anyone out there who can make sense of this, i.e. can tell me the year and the model, please?

Cheers  Gerhard

Gerhard from CHCH?

4 off Buick 1928 standards in the NZ Buick register

15 hours ago, Morgan Wright said:

1928 Standard

Hi Morgan. Thanks for your answer. The Buick was sold to me as a 1928, but in order to get it on the road I need to prove that the engine number is 1928 and also the wheelbase of 114 inch is a 1928 chassis. Can you supply written proof of that or point me in the right direction, please.

Cheers  Gerhard.

11 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

Gerhard from CHCH?

4 off Buick 1928 standards in the NZ Buick register

Hi 1939_Buick. As also replied to Morgan Wright, thanks for your answer. The Buick was sold to me as a 1928, but in order to get it on the road I need to prove that the engine number is 1928 and also the wheelbase of 114 inch is a 1928 chassis. Can you supply written proof of that or point me in the right direction, please.

Cheers  Gerhard.

Free internet resource.

http://www.oldcarmanualproject.com/

http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA/Buick/1928 Buick/index.html

(The search function on oldcarmanual is bit clunky: sure it was better some time ago)

Hubert_25-25.  If that is an add by you apologies

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)