Looking for Teves ABS brake system

• 5 months later...
On 11/3/2021 at 7:06 PM, Paul Fernando said:

Looking to purchase the Teves ABS brake unit that is rebuilt or functioning properly.

did you find the ABS. Here is one for almost $1000 see the link below.  I am having problems with mine and looking for one also but can't afford that one so I am going to do other recommendations to try to fix mine. the pedal went to the floor.

https://www.rockauto.com/?mfr=CARDONE&partnum=123411

3 hours ago, Eddozar said:

did you find the ABS. Here is one for almost $1000 see the link below.  I am having problems with mine and looking for one also but can't afford that one so I am going to do other recommendations to try to fix mine. the pedal went to the floor.

https://www.rockauto.com/?mfr=CARDONE&partnum=123411

Reatta owners are fortunate to the availability of repair of their ABS Power Assembly by an accredited repair facility. We with the TC are not so fortunate. I have sent Ronnie a question asking "if there is a GM vehicle with a similar cowl/Firewall assembly which is used with Vacuum Booster assist Power Brakes".  If so, getting parts from such a car would accomplish your modification, being sure to at least securing a new master cylinder for your car. The rest can be used from the parts car, even the Vacuum Booster which rarely fails. 

17 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Did the pedal go all the way to the floor or go almost to the floor and then get really hard feeling?

The reason I asked this question is to help determine what might be wrong with the brakes. If the pedal goes down against the floorboard the problem might be a bad master cylinder inside the Teves unit. If that is the case, I don't know of any parts that are available from a auto parts store to rebuild it yourself.  If you can stand on the brake pedal really hard and the car will stop the master cylinder is probably good.

If the pedal goes to about 2 inches from the floor and gets really hard, it is usually caused by the brake pump not running. That would most likely be an electrical issue like a fuse, the brake pump relay, or a bad pressure switch. The pumps themselves rarely go bad but it is possible. If the pump is not running, you can test it by jumpering 12 volts directly to the pump motor to see if it starts running.