WTB Choke housing for 1965 Carter AFB

moran75

Hi all

Hopefully someone can help..

Model is Carter 3921s and I believe the housing (example pic attached) is model specific…

I realise it’s more likely that someone would want to sell a complete carb…but I live overseas (UK) and I’d like to keep shipping costs/import tax to a minimum..

if you can help drop me a line..

many thanks

kev

2C138834-A2BD-42DE-BF27-02D21D8E2D61.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I reckon so...depends what shipping is 😀...but seriously, I'm sure shipping will be OK as im overseas (UK) and am always buying from the USA

BTW re the part number - it doesnt match what i've been told in past is correct for a '65 carter AFB model 3921S, thats not to say what ive been told is right...and elsewhere i see 'your' part number as being good for  '65-66 BUICK 401CI' which would include me.......I think I'm very willing to take a gamble but i want to compare yr pics with my car next time im with it in next couple of days

One question...on back of circular body is there a number stamped? Is it the part number on the box by any chance?

Many thanks for your help

Kev

Hi John

Re the pic of the parts book - can you help me decode/understand 😀

My first instinct is to say AT is auto trans for obvious reasons…but how can CT be manual trans? Is CT diff terminology for manual trans? Or am I barking up wrong tree!

Also which listing are you interpreting as Gran Sport specific?

cheers

kev

2 hours ago, moran75 said:

Hi John

Re the pic of the parts book - can you help me decode/understand 😀

My first instinct is to say AT is auto trans for obvious reasons…but how can CT be manual trans? Is CT diff terminology for manual trans? Or am I barking up wrong tree!

Also which listing are you interpreting as Gran Sport specific?

The listing for the 400 engine would be the Gran Sport. They listed the 401 as a "400" Because of the ban on over 400 cubic inches in an A body

cheers

kev

Sorry for delays in responding… I’m blaming the time difference in Uk😀

all sounds good to me ..could you get a quote for Usps airmail to the UK? Normal service…not high speed or any thing like that…

many thanks for all your help and info so far… hard to come by locally!

all the best

kev

1000 thanks…really appreciated.

are you on PayPal ? If so send me yr email address or ‘handle’… if not I’ll make a bank transfer I suppose? Or any way / method you’d prefer

address is:

kevin moran

22 Revelon road

london , UK

SE4 2PP

Can I ask one last favour….the reason I need this part is someone over here returned my rebuilt carb with really bad packaging and as a result the choke housing broke,  Specifically the 3 screw holes which retain the plastic choke cover……. So - and I’m sure you would anyway! - can you wrap it in bubble wrap or similar to protect it on its journey ?

all the very best

kev

Sorry it took so long. Here's the tracking USPS tracking No: LH155365175US

Teller said it's only good until it hits customs there.

Book cover pics: 1940-1971 is the one with the part number, other is for reference as to what a soft cover version would look like.

Thanks, John

20211118_150330.jpg

20211118_150340.jpg