Hershey hotel reservations, it’s not too early!

greenie

If you’ve been attending the Fall Meet for a decade or three; and you don’t sleep in your space as I did for many years; you’ve probably noticed the crazy prices area hotels charge for our week. Rooms that are ordinarily $100 a night magically jump to $200 or more. 
I have started looking for next years hotel room almost immediately after the event. Some booking services, such as Expedia, allow you to make a reservation one year in advance. Many of the hotels haven’t released their rooms yet, but I was able to get a decent room near the intersection of Union Deposit Road and 83 for $106/night. This includes free cancellation right up to the event and you don’t have to pay until you arrive,

As the months go by, I’ll check occasionally for a better deal and/or location- but this is my hedge just in case. If you wait until next summer, you’ll probably wish you acted sooner.

I wish we could start a chat about crappy hotels we’ve stayed in; but that would get somebody in trouble. Read those reviews- with a grain of salt- but read them!

• Thanks 1

In one of my first years at Hershey, not camping on the grounds under a tarp, sleeping in my car or truck, I was fortunate enough to have found a room in a "guest house". It had been a recently cleaned chicken coop. Cleaned - sort of and not fumigated. The stay was very short, less than a minute and with a complete refund. This was in the town of Hershey in the 1960's. Locals trying to make a quick buck. 

On 10/22/2021 at 7:45 PM, greenie said:

If you’ve been attending the Fall Meet for a decade or three; and you don’t sleep in your space as I did for many years; you’ve probably noticed the crazy prices area hotels charge for our week. Rooms that are ordinarily $100 a night magically jump to $200 or more. 
I have started looking for next years hotel room almost immediately after the event. Some booking services, such as Expedia, allow you to make a reservation one year in advance. Many of the hotels haven’t released their rooms yet, but I was able to get a decent room near the intersection of Union Deposit Road and 83 for $106/night. This includes free cancellation right up to the event and you don’t have to pay until you arrive,

As the months go by, I’ll check occasionally for a better deal and/or location- but this is my hedge just in case. If you wait until next summer, you’ll probably wish you acted sooner.

I wish we could start a chat about crappy hotels we’ve stayed in; but that would get somebody in trouble. Read those reviews- with a grain of salt- but read them!

i stay at the econo lodge at that exit. reservations made for 2022

• 2 weeks later...