Cars Formerly Owned by Famous People

1957Birdman

12 minutes ago, Ed Luddy said:

I have Frank Sinatra's car!

oct3lebarf250 046.jpg

Taking a photo standing near the A-pillar is the BEST position to get a side photo of that generation of Imperial where it emphasizes its length and front overhang.  

Good work!

Craig

• Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 6:39 PM, Angelfish said:

My brother was almost run over by an NSX driven by Robert Redford.   Does that count?

Well, "almost" may not be enough, so tell your brother to try harder next time. 😉

But perhaps more importantly, just about all the cars I've owned over the decades are now owned by other people, some of whom could be considered being "famous". 

Would any of that qualify me as being "almost famous" ? 🤔

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 10/7/2021 at 10:07 PM, 8E45E said:

As long as the hippos didn't ride in it.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:25 PM, John_S_in_Penna said:

would not pay a single extra cent for a car

owned by a celebrity. 

i hear you John, but I would pay a wee bit extra to have the green Mustang Steve McQueen had just to do a burnout now and then and pretend I am as cool as he was.

I was looking for this car but someone found it before me.... just recently

Bart Starr's Super Bowl I MVP 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray convertible

Super Bowl I MVP car... quarterbacks look different today...

1967 Corvette Awarded to Super Bowl MVP QB Bart Starr to be Offered at  Mecum Indy - Corvette: Sales, News & Lifestyle

Curious who took off the side pipes?  got to love the factory quarter smoothness

This one sold for 150K, not crazy money, but sounds like it may have a good ending

https://www.corvetteblogger.com/2018/05/23/bart-starrs-super-bowl-i-mvp-1967-corvette-could-be-headed-back-to-lambeau-field/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Graham Man said:

Curious who took off the side pipes?  got to love the factory quarter smoothness

Someone can enlighten me on this, but I believe sidepipes were/are illegal in certain states.  

I recall reading an article in Road & Track or Motor Trend on the Viper when it came out, and it stated sidepipes were illegal in Connecticut, and Vipers being sold there had to have a full, rear-exit exhaust.

Craig