‘51 Dodge Meadowbrook Transmission Rattle

Fleetwood Meadow

I had been enjoying my ‘51 Meadowbrook and took off from a red light. First gear was fine, second gear started making some rattling, then third gear was rattling so bad I thought I was going to lose my driveshaft. I got it home and checked and the driveshaft is fine. The u-joints seem solid. There is some play in the rear end. I topped off the differential and left the house and it started rattling bad in second too. After about a month of not driving it I took it out tonight around the block. Second gear sounded quieter but still rattling and third gear was rattling. I can’t seem to figure out what it is. It’s only when I accelerate. If I am coasting it doesn’t make the noise. If I push the clutch when coasting it doesn’t make the noise. But as soon as I press the accelerator it starts rattling again. There is no rattling in reverse. I see no signs of anything scraping. I checked the transmission mounts and they are tight. The transmission is a 3 speed manual fluid drive, not the gyro-magic electronic shift. Any suggestions?