Forum Sign In Problem

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 6:17 PM, Peter Gariepy said:

Not a clue.

Are you 100000% sure you typed it in correctly the first time? (im betting not)

You lose, pay up.  😉

Like I said in the OP, I make sure to enter the name and password correctly so I'm a gazillion percent sure.  I could buy the incorrect typing if it happened only occasionally.  But it's been going on for several weeks and almost every time I login.  By "almost" I mean that if I successfully login (on the second try), logout and then log back in, it's usually successful on the first try.  But that seems to depend on how long I was logged out.

FWIW, I'm on a wifi laptop using Firefox under Windows 10, the most recent updates of both.  I use dedicated username and password, not Google or Facebook login.  I've tried both checking and unchecking the "Remember me" box, makes no difference.  Here's a shot of the error message when the first attempt fails:

Oops!.jpg.57515e7c7bc5da4dadab5a6cdfc8a3c1.jpg

12 hours ago, CHuDWah said:

FWIW, I'm on a wifi laptop using Firefox under Windows 10, the most recent updates of both. ... "Error code: 2S119/1"

I've saw this error code before.

Do you have cookies blocked or Browser Privacy set to "strict" in Firefox? If so change setting to allow cookies and/or set Browser Privacy to "standard". Then remove cookies for Invisioncommunity.com and invisionpower.com in Firefox settings and try signing in again.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies and apologies for my delayed response - had a serious medical issue/emergency surgery over the past week.

On 9/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, Peter Gariepy said:

call me and we'll screen share.

520-247-5918

I'll get back to you when I'm more recovered.

On 9/24/2021 at 1:33 PM, Ronnie said:

I've saw this error code before.

Do you have cookies blocked or Browser Privacy set to "strict" in Firefox? If so change setting to allow cookies and/or set Browser Privacy to "standard". Then remove cookies for Invisioncommunity.com and invisionpower.com in Firefox settings and try signing in again.

Nope - Privacy set to Standard and cookies accepted, although deleted when Firefox is closed

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 12:43 PM, Peter Gariepy said:

call me and we'll screen share.

520-247-5918

I'm remiss in not getting back to you - like I said, had a medical issue and also wanted to see if login was still having problems.  Anyway, it seems to be better now - both Windows and Firefox updated in the meantime so maybe that fixed it.  I'll get back to you if there are future problems.  Thanks for the help.

• Like 1
  • CHuDWah changed the title to Forum Sign In Problem