American car exhibition in France (Blagnac)

sebastienbuick

22 hours ago, Pilgrim65 said:

agree Sebastien, just on this occasion, muscle cars predominant and not a fan , however many earlier American could have stole the show, think a 62 or 58 corvette or 53 skylark would have my vote 😆

Yes they are beautiful cars ! ;) 

21 hours ago, mike6024 said:

I like the early Ford pickup, the early Mustangs and the low rider station wagon.

Yes they were superb too, and this Wagon Chevy station was very beautiful :wub:

2 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

lol $14 for FJ5.... amazing

Yep, one paid extra for one of the five Hi-Impact colors offered in 1970 & '71.  That is cheap compared to what Porsche, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Aston Martin and others want today for their special, or non-standard paint colors.

If one wanted Avanti Black on a 1964 Studebaker Avanti, it was an extra $35.50, but it was for the extra filler & preparation work to make the fiberglass surface less wavy.

Craig

09cais019.jpg

12hr017.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mike6024 said:

You might like this video, it has Superbirds and a 190 mile-per-hour Dodge Daytona , 426 hemi with two four-barrel carbs.

Screenshot (676).png

WOWW great video and great finds :wub:!
The Dodge Charger Daytona is VERY VERY BEAUTIFUL !  :wub: :wub: I would love to buy it so much, as well as the Corvette C2, Mercury Cyclone, Impala SS, 1957 Chevy Nomad, Charger 73 6 pack! , Imperial 1960, Chrysler 300, Plymouth 50's, Pontiac Grand Prix, Cadillac 1970's, Lincoln 70's ...
They are all very beautiful !
I wish I could buy one and also save the ones that are out in the forest :wub:!

8 hours ago, 8E45E said:

A '70 Superbird for you!

70_Superbird_1.jpg

70_Superbird_2.jpg

7 hours ago, 8E45E said:

And another one in Lime Light:

70_Superbird_4.jpg

70_Superbird_3.jpg

70_Superbird_5.jpg

Thank you for the photos, they are very beautiful :wub: :wub:.
The Plymouth Superbird and the Dodge Charger Daytona are legendary cars, I would love to buy one someday.
They have an incredible history and they are very rare.
I think that in France there is no Charger Daytona or Superbird, I am also on a forum in France and people have seen one in France, they are very very rare.
In the 70s / 80s, were there a lot of Superbirds or Chargers Daytona in America ? Did you see them often on the road or was it rare too ?
I would love to be in America in these years :wub:

I've personally only seen one Superbird and that was around 2007 in Desert Hills AZ...

My older brother owned a pretty rare 70' 440 GTX lime light green similar to this one and I used to clean it daily for him from 77 to 78. Loved that car but never seen a Superbird or Daytona in person till 2007.

GTX2.jpg

GTX3.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I've personally only seen one Superbird and that was around 2007 in Desert Hills AZ...

My older brother owned a pretty rare 70' 440 GTX lime light green similar to this one and I used to clean it daily for him from 77 to 78. Loved that car but never seen a Superbird or Daytona in person till 2007.

GTX2.jpg

GTX3.jpg

Okay, it's that even in America it's rare to see one I see ;)
Your brother's GTX 440 was superb :wub: ! , you must have very good memories with ! :)
Do you know if it is still rolling since ?