Unknown radiator shell - FOUND ITS A REO

Mark Wetherbee

These all look alike once the emblem is removed, but hopefully someone will recognize this shell. The overall dimensions are 24-2/2” wide x 30-1/2” high, x 4-1/4” deep with the radiator opening measuring 19-3/4” wide x 19-1/4” high. The back has an unusual inner shield to hold the radiator, and the lacing was only riveted on as opposed to woven into slots in the shell. 

If anyone has an idea of what vehicle this might fit I would love to know.

Thank you for looking!

912874FA-0E38-44BD-AFA5-FD9AB3E0521D.jpeg

987073B4-341D-4230-A990-99C4ED4E1470.jpeg

Edited by Mark Wetherbee
Found it (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

It’s very similar, but the Maxwell looks to have a sharper radius from the front to the sides. Thank you for the thoughts 

I see that now.

• Like 1

• Mark Wetherbee changed the title to Unknown radiator shell - FOUND ITS A REO
11 minutes ago, DFeeney said:

Is the radiator shell for sale and will you be at Hershey?

I’m sorry but I have plans for it. My father collected emblems and this is going to be a display for those to go in like a picture frame for my garage wall. I had originally thought it was from a Maxim fire truck but the emblem didn’t fit the holes.

Hello Mark,  Thanks for your response.  I am starting  collecting parts to make another speedster.  I am looking for a 1936-1950 straight 8 Chrysler 323 engine and trans if you know of one for sale.  thanks,  Don in central  Ohio

• Like 1