Post-war Plymouth Special Deluxe??

Kyle Vandewater

Can anyone help us identify the year/model of the Car in this picture? Family lore indicated it was a '46 Olds, but the nice folks on an Oldsmobile forum steered us toward Plymouth.  The tail lights and the bumper over-riders all consistent with the Plymouth photos I could find, but the license plate light is throwing me...  I greatly appreciate your assistance in advance.

-Kyle

olds query.jpg

9 minutes ago, Kyle Vandewater said:

Can anyone help us identify the year/model of the Car in this picture? Family lore indicated it was a '46 Olds, but the nice folks on an Oldsmobile forum steered us toward Plymouth.  The tail lights and the bumper over-riders all consistent with the Plymouth photos I could find, but the license plate light is throwing me...  I greatly appreciate your assistance in advance.

-Kyle

olds query.jpg

The car on the right is a Plymouth. The car on the left is not a Plymouth.

• Like 1

The Just Married banner looks to be behind the light in question, which looks to be attached to the license plate and not the car itself. 

This would lead me to discount it as part of the vehicle identification. 

I do love the old fashioned tradition of photographing the bride/groom looking through the rear window of the car. Newlyweds just dont seem to do that anymore. 

The turn signal light is an Aftermarket Pioneer or Path Finder brand light.  I don't think it's Plymouth as there is no hump behind the sign for the Plymouth emblem assembly.  Atleast not a 1946-1948.  Could be earlier as I think they used a similar window from 1940 up. Dodge as well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

Hey Keiser,  isn't the gray car a 53 or 54 Plymouth?  I know you meant not the one we were looking for.  Does look like the plymouth stylized ship on the hood. 

Yes, in the photo with the blue Plymouth.