Alemite pin graese hose

hidden_hunter

Is anyone aware if there is/was anyone making a hose for a grease gun with an alemite pin on one end and 1/8" on the other? 

I have an adaptor that converts zerk to the alemite pin and it adds too much bulk and generally makes a mess- so would like to be able to grease without using an adaptor

LUB071 at Restoration Supply? Says it fits a 1/8" grease gun.

• Like 1

Also check out a mill supply place (might be some in OZ by slightly different name) . The famous one here in the states (most local mill supply houses closed years ago) is McMaster-Carr:

https://www.mcmaster.com/alemite-fittings/grease-dispensing-tips-8/

I believe McMaster-Carr stopped dealing with Australian customers due to our new government requirement for GST to be charged on overseas orders. Too much paperwork, apparently. Although I have not tried to order there for a year or so, so it may be worth a try. I have not found a supplier in Aus. with the depth and range of McMaster-Carr.

22 hours ago, Bush Mechanic said:

I believe McMaster-Carr stopped dealing with Australian customers due to our new government requirement for GST to be charged on overseas orders. Too much paperwork, apparently. Although I have not tried to order there for a year or so, so it may be worth a try. I have not found a supplier in Aus. with the depth and range of McMaster-Carr.

I don’t think they ever shipped here and it looks like even our friends in the great white north have had issues

I ended up piecing together the bits from locknlube so I have a hose for the Cadillac with the alemite pins and one for the Buick with the zerk fittings 

USD$35 fedex shipping, dispatched within 30 mins of ordering - colour me impressed 

Edited by hidden_hunter (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

Is this it?

yep, figured I’ll just have two hoses (one for the cad and one for the Buick)

i think the zerk to pin adapter is about 25 bucks these days and it’s miserable to use

I bought one of those (with the wing nut) from Amazon awhile back. I loved the wing nut design. However, after about a year of use it started oozing all over the place with very little going where it needed to go.

I believe their is a small felt (??) seal at the base of the nozzle and mine apparently went missing. At last count the vehicle we were using it on has over 60 pin type fittings a number of which have to be attended too every day we demonstrate it. Having an easy to use and functioning pin type grease gun is rather important.

I have a couple of antique grease guns that are pin type and are a handy size but the seals on the plungers are well past their goodness dates. I may have to see if I can fabricate new seals.

5 hours ago, Terry Harper said:

I bought one of those (with the wing nut) from Amazon awhile back. I loved the wing nut design. However, after about a year of use it started oozing all over the place with very little going where it needed to go.

I’ll let you know what the design is when it , hoping that by keeping it attached to the hose itself I can minimise the chance