oil pump- engine- cylinder pressure

cquisuila

2 hours ago, RivNut said:

Just start with the ATF, do NOT put gear oil in it, gear oil is for manual transmissions.  It’s going to take quite a bit of ATF to see if it’s operational.  The ATF is part of the drive, it’s not just a lubricant.  If you put gear oil in the trans, you’ll clog up everything.  If the trans is empty, put in about 4 quarts. Then start the car, put the trans in gear, both D and R, step on the brake and put some rpms in the engine to fill the torque converter.  Check the dip stick. Then put in more and repeat until you bring the fluid level up to the full mark on the dip stick.  I pulled this process off the internet.  

ok thanks

i know this procedure because i have a mercedes clk 1999 convertible with automatic transmission🙂

> for the oil i sawn that OIL ATF DEXRON 2 IS FOR (Automatic Transmission Fluid) AND spécification GM DEXRON-IID

SPECIFICATIONS : 

GENERAL MOTORS Hydramatic.

BMW groupe 23 – 3.0 et 24 - 3.0

FORD MERCON®

DEXRON®-IID 

MAN 339 type V-1 (ex MAN 339 type D)

MAN 339 type Z-1 (ex MAN 339 type D)

MB-Approval 236.6

PSA PEUGEOT CITROËN S71 2102

VOITH H 55.6335

ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 09, 11A, 14A, 17C 

PROPRIETES : 

-  Très haut indice de viscosité associé à une excellente stabilité en service. 
-  Très bas point d'écoulement.
-  Très bonne stabilité thermique. 

-  Excellente résistance à l'oxydation.

-  Propriétés de frottement spécifiques aux exigences GENERAL MOTORS Hydramatic.

-  Viscosité adaptée aux exigences MERCEDES MB-Approval 236.6. 

SO IT is good for my automatic transmission it seems ! ??

the manual shows ATF TYPE A...

On 9/7/2021 at 1:50 AM, cquisuila said:

> yes the temperature gauge is good

i hope that it is simply the cap radiator.... IF NOT what would be it the problem ?

> FOR the transmission can you confirm that, if it is not filled, the transmission is not efficient ? OR another problem ?

philippe

If the car has been sitting (inactive) it may need a radiator flush, and again check the coolant flow in the radiator.

'not efficient' = inoperative?  I think you figured it out.... automatic trans fluid (ATF)....do not overfill.

Glad you are getting it sorted out!

• 2 years later...
  • cquisuila changed the title to oil pump- engine- cylinder pressure