1931 Pontiacs

I will post some pics later of them when I get back to them with phone . What I need to know is , is the roadster as rare as my grandfather said? ( 2 left east of the mississippi) and this was one of them, has been in the barn for 45yrs. As far as know this is a 100% complete car. The other is a four door,  rolling chassis frame d-train assuming is a coup or roadster. I found this forum just searching for info on them, which is hard to find solid info. Thanks in advance for any help given. 

According to this ad they are rare.    Although keep in mind, rarity doesn't necessarily mean a gold mine.  If the car is solid and complete then it is gonna probably be worth more than an Model A,  but not gobs of money.

https://topclassiccarsforsale.com/pontiac/54484-1931-pontiacmodel-aconvertibleroadsterantique-carhotrodvery-rare.html

Very rare Fisher body number 1262. Rarest of the 1931 Fisher bodied Pontiacs. Said to have been 2000 built in 1931 and 10 remaining. The wood structure's normally didn't last over time but this cabriolet has perfect wood and no rust. They built many more Model A's and they had no wood. That's why there are so many around. Don't confuse this with the mass produced Ford. This is the first year Pontiac was under the GM moniker. Previously under Oakland division but the Pontiacs became more popular then the Oaklands and Oakland brand was dissolved. It has a split head six cylinder engine producing 60 gut wrenching HP. 3 speed manual transmission. Runs, rives and stops good (For 1931 stopping standards). Niceupholstery, o tears. 1931 Pontiacs offered huge improvements from the previous year, ncluding full pressure lubrication, eavier gauge steel frame, prings with rubber bushing, etter motor mounts, teeldraulic brakes, nd a stronger rear axle (Hyatt roller pinion bearing). This particular car has had an older restoration. It also has some cool options. Dual side mounts, runk rack, eater. The windshield folds down. Body is in great shape but there are some areas where the paint is scratched off. Also on the left cowl it looks like a belt or wheel went thru the metal door below the louvers. The gas gauge and amp meter doesn't work. There's a small tear on the fabric roof (can be repaired). Needs carpet and running board rubber which can be purchased on eBay. Heater isn't hooked up electrically. Chrome in great shape, indow frames plating could use a freshning up. Mech. fuel pump has been replaced with elec. pump and regulator. Brand new 6 volt commercial battery. Great driver as is or an easy restoration to bring it to perfection. Too rare to chop up into a hot rod or rat rod. It gets a lot of honks and thumbs ups on the road. You just don't see these come for sale very often. Don't miss your chance to own something that most don't have. Low reserve. Shipping at buyers expense. I will load onto truck if requested. $1000 deposit required within 48 hours. Full payment within 7 calendar days. Good luck bidding.

1931-pontiacmodel-aconvertibleroadsteran

38 minutes ago, alsancle said:

According to this ad they are rare.    Although keep in mind, rarity doesn't necessarily mean a gold mine.  If the car is solid and complete then it is gonna probably be worth more than an Model A,  but not gobs of money.

https://topclassiccarsforsale.com/pontiac/54484-1931-pontiacmodel-aconvertibleroadsterantique-carhotrodvery-rare.html

Very rare Fisher body number 1262. Rarest of the 1931 Fisher bodied Pontiacs. Said to have been 2000 built in 1931 and 10 remaining. The wood structure's normally didn't last over time but this cabriolet has perfect wood and no rust. They built many more Model A's and they had no wood. That's why there are so many around. Don't confuse this with the mass produced Ford. This is the first year Pontiac was under the GM moniker. Previously under Oakland division but the Pontiacs became more popular then the Oaklands and Oakland brand was dissolved. It has a split head six cylinder engine producing 60 gut wrenching HP. 3 speed manual transmission. Runs, rives and stops good (For 1931 stopping standards). Niceupholstery, o tears. 1931 Pontiacs offered huge improvements from the previous year, ncluding full pressure lubrication, eavier gauge steel frame, prings with rubber bushing, etter motor mounts, teeldraulic brakes, nd a stronger rear axle (Hyatt roller pinion bearing). This particular car has had an older restoration. It also has some cool options. Dual side mounts, runk rack, eater. The windshield folds down. Body is in great shape but there are some areas where the paint is scratched off. Also on the left cowl it looks like a belt or wheel went thru the metal door below the louvers. The gas gauge and amp meter doesn't work. There's a small tear on the fabric roof (can be repaired). Needs carpet and running board rubber which can be purchased on eBay. Heater isn't hooked up electrically. Chrome in great shape, indow frames plating could use a freshning up. Mech. fuel pump has been replaced with elec. pump and regulator. Brand new 6 volt commercial battery. Great driver as is or an easy restoration to bring it to perfection. Too rare to chop up into a hot rod or rat rod. It gets a lot of honks and thumbs ups on the road. You just don't see these come for sale very often. Don't miss your chance to own something that most don't have. Low reserve. Shipping at buyers expense. I will load onto truck if requested. $1000 deposit required within 48 hours. Full payment within 7 calendar days. Good luck bidding.

1931-pontiacmodel-aconvertibleroadsteran

I did find that car through the searching I've done.

Beautiful survivor. A quick look at Google images shows a number of them around. Not to nitpick, but it's a cabriolet, which is even more desirable with it's landau bars and roll up windows.

• Like 1

The 31-32 pontiac convertible coupe is the same as the 31-32’ chevy, 31-32 Olds, and 31-32’ Buick 50 series as far as the roof, windshield, rumble seat and other small parts. The pontiac is rarer than the chevys by a lot but not as rare as the Olds. I’m not sure on the Buick numbers but my Olds research has shown me the Olds are the overall rarest in the convertible coupe models with 32’ being even more rare. I’ve seen a few Pontiac’s come up for sale and even know of one in a parts yard. The 32’ pontiac 8 cylinder cars had a golf bag door, the sixes did not. Either way, it’s a nice car but I can tell you if you do a full restoration yourself you’re looking at $50k minimum.