For Sale: 1968 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4dr hardtop - $7,800 - Methuen, MA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1968 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4dr hardtop - $7,800 - Methuen, MA

1968 Oldsmobile Delta 88 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

I bought this car 2 years ago for the same price that I'm selling it for. I love driving it, I get a lot of honks and thumbs up, its a great ride. However its just too much for me to keep up with. I'm getting too old to work on it myself. It has a 455 Rocket 2BBL, New tires, and I replaced the am radio with a modern digital am/fm replica, I've replaced the water pump, radiator, carburetor, air conditioning compressor, and condenser. (however it still doesn't work because its got the old Freon in it) I replaced the contacts with electronic ignition. The engine is the original with matching numbers. I have most of the parts I replaced to keep it original. It is starting to get surface rust peeking through the paint, I don't have a garage and the cover broke, so it spent last winter in the elements. It still needs an exhaust manifold, as one side has a crack in it, that I had welded, and can't seem to find a replacement. I also had a muffler installed and the brakes done. It has a recent inspection sticker. The transmission has just started slipping, it may just be a modulator adjustment, I cant crawl under to check.
My wish is for this automobile to go to someone who will care for it. I became attached to it and want to see it in good hands. The odometer works but only has 6 places so really don't know how many miles it might be.

Copy and paste in your email:   9e80b0ee03213364bd94b1c68a4ce223@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1968 Oldsmobile Delta 88 4dr hardtop.   

Note:  This appears to be a case of aging out of old car enjoyment.  Odometer reading is listed as 28,866 miles, may be a decent low-mileage daily driver for reasonable money.

'68 Oldsmobile Delta 88 MA a.jpg

'68 Oldsmobile Delta 88 MA b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Odometer reading is listed as 28,866 miles, may be a decent low-mileage daily driver for reasonable money.

I think it's a nice car that should be preserved.

In the wrong hands, someone driving it daily might

run it into the ground.  The 4 doors with the hardtop

styling are just as desirable to me as other body styles!

To me and with my taste in cars that's a daily driver for sure. IF that's the actual mileage there's a lot of life left in it. It's a big comfortable cruiser. Not necessarily run into the ground but could be garaged, maintained, used & enjoyed. And that big trunk would come in handy. What if this one was actually used for everyday transportation and not just another pampered collector's item that never sees the light of day, carefully stored away under a cover and only taken out three or four times a year for an ice cream run or a car show? In the grand scheme of things, the Show Field World of Collector Cars isn't going to miss this Delta 88 four door hardtop at all. I like it, it's perfect for me. If it were mine I'd drive it all the time. Different strokes for different folks.