for sale: old tow rig mounted on buick chassis

My apologies for the limited photos- I'm posting this for someone. Interested parties DM and I can put you in contact. Upstate New York, interesting history and would look cool in anybody's yard (except mine as the wife has informed me). Boom looks to be manufactured and rest seems to be largely handmade? Mounted on big long, long Buick chassis.  Several people have attempted to purchase over the yrs but unfortunately contact info never taken. $1000 buys ib3.png.37ff5e12864365f1326d3d51842b1d0b.pngt right now, it has to go!b2.png.603439bc285d15a04e08eb0ecef7a703.png

b1.png

• Like 1

Hard to say about the boom. It could be a pair of frame rails from a 1920's truck, or it could be from a manufactured crane / tow set up. I have a big A frame boom made from a pair of early 1920's White truck frame sections that almost look like a factory boom until you look closely. Some of the guys that made these adaptions back in the 1930's / 40's were very clever fellows.

It would look very good in my yard , but way too far away. { Pacific North West }

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1

That's exactly what the old guy used it for- it was perfect for pulling marine engines out of mahogany boats. It's funny, that guy in the picture is remembered for some of the neat cars he owned but very few people realize how truly spectacular the wooden boats were that he owned over the years.