SOLD! 1953 Buick Special Riviera

NC-car-guy

Shes rough but buildable. 2dr hardtop with SC salvage title. VIN and data plate intact. New 6v battery included. Overall solidish...  Needs floor pans and has a hole in the rear driver's side of the hood.  Door pillars and door bottoms are solid. Trunk pan is solid except some rust through where it meets the rear walls near the back bumper.  Damage to trunk and sill where someone pryed the trunk open.  Front right wheel is frozen. Straight 8 turns over but not fire. Oil looks good, no water. 3spd on column missing shifter. All trim appears to be present and accounted for some needs massaging. Dagmars are rough as is the one rear j-bar. Upholstery is roached. Clearly needs full resto but I think the car is a solid starter. Doors open and close nicely windows all roll up and down but need glass. Windshield in good shape. $3500

Photos here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_0vJ_oMvPD5OGUwOGVhODgtYWE4OC00MTRkLTk3NTctMzU2N2ViOWMwNTA0

IMG_20210606_201556_124.jpg

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lancemb said:

Cool!  May as well hang on to those 57 hubcaps...

Those didn't come with the car those were a couple I had sitting in my garage I just threw on there to cover the dirty old rusted rims for the photo

4 minutes ago, Rusty Heaps said:

Is the parts car a 45R series hardtop, or the convertible? If so I would be interested in the drivers door. And possibly the grill bar with extensions, even a broken one , as long as it is complete, for a hotrod. 

Parts car is another hardtop

received_249391840289025.jpeg

received_514141096678274.jpeg

• Like 1

Found out that a 77-89 caddy frame is super similar... Might be good frame swap material.  Going to post er up on the HAMB.  If anyone here wants the whole car ill take a loss to Buick Club guys. 

On 6/24/2021 at 7:55 AM, Rusty Heaps said:

What became of the parts car? I could really use the driver side door.

Well the guy wants a grand for the parts car and will not.part it out.  I can't sink another grand into this.  I paid $2500 for this one plus spent $400 getting it home.  I just spent $100 on two used tired and cant do the other two because the rims are so messed up. One of these days I'll learn to quit messin' with buicks and buy a ford.  One of these days.

$2000 and I'll eat my loss just to get it off my property.

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)

What was your intention with this car?  It has only been listed for less than 3 weeks; don't be too discouraged.

Maybe you can free up the valves and get a few pushrods and get it started?

I don't think you'd find any more joy in Fords of this era...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • NC-car-guy changed the title to SOLD! 1953 Buick Special Riviera