WTB 1922 Buick 4 cyl engine parts

Rust Hunter

Recently bought a 1922 Buick. Someone had started going thru the engine but thru course of last couple owners some of the major parts are lost.  Titled as a 1921 the model plate states it as a 22-35. It's got a 4cyl engine the rockers were taken apart and one of the brackets that bolt them to the head is missing. Also the lower pan to the bellhousing is absent along with valve covers. No indication of any front motor mount. Distributor cap is broken and transmission may need some help,for at the moment unable to shift into all the gears. Haven't pulled cover yet to see problem.  Also in need of the choke ? Idle mix knob? I'm new to Buicks so any advice would be appreciated. Scott Hank hanksrestorationplus@gmail.com. phone# 425 238-9920 I'm in the Seattle area Washington State.

20210403_123059.jpg

20210415_122218.jpg

20210417_142053.jpg

• Like 1

Car is up at a friend's house right now, I won't be able to get up that way for a couple days to check and see all what's needed but I know the distributor cap is broken. I assume it will also need a rotor and possibly a set of points. Thanks Scott

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/25/2021 at 7:11 PM, Old buicks 2 said:

I will have the ignition parts,  all  NOS   PM me for details

Tom

I don't have enough posts on this forum to message someone but am interested in ignition parts for the 1922 4 cyl. My number is 303-618-2937

On 10/11/2023 at 5:49 PM, Fr. Buick said:

Where you located?  I am in SoCal, with lots of engine and trans parts for 24, which usually interchanges...

Now a lot further along and some things I would consider buying are; 4 cyl engine head, preferably complete. Would consider a complete engine. I have the choke rod and knob but everything for it to operate on the carb is missing. Not real sure what it is but there is no choke butterfly if one was used or anything that the rod would connect to.

That gizmo sits on the mouth of the carb and serves to vary the heat of the air coming in, and as a choke.   I believe it is the  same between 22 and 24.  I can get you pictures of it tomorrow.  Can I send it to your phone number above?

I also have an extra head and head parts that came in a pile of 23 pieces, if interested.  

Any chance of coming to SoCal any time in the future?  Denver is only a day...

11 hours ago, Fr. Buick said:

That gizmo sits on the mouth of the carb and serves to vary the heat of the air coming in, and as a choke.   I believe it is the  same between 22 and 24.  I can get you pictures of it tomorrow.  Can I send it to your phone number above?

I also have an extra head and head parts that came in a pile of 23 pieces, if interested.  

Yes, please give me a call. I'm interested.  If I don't hear the phone please leave a message or text and I'll get right back to you. In the field today with a lot of noise. Thanks.

On 10/22/2023 at 7:51 PM, Fr. Buick said:

Please give me a call or text at 303 618 2937 or email at team20LLC@comcast.net. I am interested in a head and possibly other items. 

Thanks,

Chuck

Please try me again. Not sure what happened but always have my phone with me. Have shop noise sometimes but been pretty quiet this week. I'd like to have all shown in the picture 

Phone or text 303 six one 8 2937 

Email team20llc at comcast.net 

Thanks