I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
n/a
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

But really I have no clue.

That instrument cluster may offer a hint, But by the crude coachwork on those cabs, I suspect they are converted passenger cars.  Can you get a few more photographs from far enough away to show the entire truck(s)?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Really need more photos for a clearer picture. The first one, with the 6 Cylinder engine, reminds me of a mid 20's GMC with that style of cowl and what little I can see of the fenders. It may have been repowered with that engine which was not uncommon for trucks still in service after the first engine failed. Not sure on the second truck. That dump body would look good on my 1925 White. 

4 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

Really need more photos for a clearer picture. The first one, with the 6 Cylinder engine, reminds me of a mid 20's GMC with that style of cowl and what little I can see of the fenders. It may have been repowered with that engine which was not uncommon for trucks still in service after the first engine failed. Not sure on the second truck. That dump body would look good on my 1925 White. 

Both have Weil dump bodies. I'm thinking mid 1920's Federal for the one.

8 minutes ago, Dandy Dave said:

I noticed that dump-box as well. There is an I.D. tag right next to the rear gate release lever- Garwood or Heil maybe?

Heils I see...

3 minutes ago, OLDTINPUSHER said:

Both have Weil dump bodies. I'm thinking mid 1920's Federal for the one.

I was also thinking GMC on that cowl, one of the K series trucks. The cabs would have been built locally in many cases so don't help with an I.D. much. 

We need to see more photo's of the chassis and suspension to help narrow things down. 

• Like 1