For Sale: 1963 Rambler 770 2dr sedan, A/C, Overdrive, bucket seats - $13,500 - Jonesboro, GA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1963 Rambler 770 2dr sedan, A/C, Overdrive, bucket seats - $13,500 - Jonesboro, GA

Rambler 1963 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

This 1963 Rambler is in pretty good condition considering its 58 yrs old.  It is red and has been repainted its original color. It is equipped with a 287 V8.It has a 3 speed twin stick overdrive transmission, power steering and FACTORY air condition (needs charging) also posi- traction NO RUST. Less than 60,000 miles 100% original bucket seat interior.

Copy and paste in your email:  7c2d664102103486a2e858216ebd089b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1963 Rambler 770 2dr sedan.

'63 Rambler 770 GA a.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA b.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA c.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA d.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA e.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA f.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA g.jpg

'63 Rambler 770 GA h.jpg

• Like 3

Anyone who has driven one, tell us how they perform?  In a relatively light body even with the 287 seems like they should have spritely performance.  The two door sedans have fairly low sales numbers as most Rambler Classic buyers sprung for a four door sedan or wagon.

3 hours ago, Bloo said:

It is almost the same as a normal Borg Warner overdrive

It is exactly a B-W overdrive. The extra stick is nothing more than a modified replacement for the cable control that is under the dash of any B-W OD set up. 

Also the kick down is a button on the top of the 3 speed stick. 

Neat to look at, but really nothing new.  A gimmick really. 

But the Borg-Warner OD set up (however it is controlled) is ALWAYS a fun and adaptable driver's transmission. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, m-mman said:

But the Borg-Warner OD set up (however it is controlled) is ALWAYS a fun and adaptable driver's transmission. 

I agree. I was just pointing out that Borg-Warner changed the 2nd gear ratio in the transmissions attached to the overdrive in these "twin sticks" to make a spread between second over and high under. This in contrast to the normal overdrives where the expectation was to be in second under, high under or high over, and it didn't matter if two of the possible ratios were almost the same.

Edited by Bloo (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, ford40 said:

My dad had one in green with the 327 when I  was about 17 it did run really well but with the pose the rear would try pass you when you got on it.

not at all good in the rain ask me how I know.

A long time ago I had a customer who had a green one with 327 and posi, but it was an automatic. It went like crazy, and idled so slow and smooth you could not tell if it was running.