'46-'48 Chrysler T&C door patterns?

blind pew

Boy, that will be a heck of a project to fabricate complete T&C doors from scratch. I would think the first thing would be to find a '47 T&C sedan and start taking measurements. The best thing would be to find one undergoing a restoration and borrow the door and literally draw a print for every piece of wood that is used in the door. 

One of those professional woodie restorers in California who has restored T & C's before may be able to do it without another car for reference. I can't see how anyone else would do it without an intact reference car parked right next to it. 

Or you could do what a previous owner did to this car: buy a parts car to take the doors off.

It looks like the passenger side actually has the wood quarter panel remaining but the seller did not post a picture of that. 

Yep-

Probably too much work. I have a '49 Chrysler T&C convertible that would help with an approximation of the doors, but that would be it. 

Mark Miller in CO has done quite a bit of work on T&C and apparently is thinking about making kits for the '49, as he does for the Chevy Country Club package. I may chat with him about it, as he has worked on several T&Cs. Of course, the '46-'48 is all wood on the doors and does not have the metal as was used on the'49. 

• 6 months later...

I have made the sail panel for a sedan.. (goes between the roof and the trunklid.

also created the taillight pods (and john lee ran an article about them in the woodie times

doors are solid wood with minimal internal steel as I recall.. 

Id be interested in helping if you were on the east coast