For Sale: 1948 DODGE D-24 sedan - $4,800 - Concord, NC - Not Mine

For Sale: 1948 DODGE D-24 sedan - $4,800 - Concord, NC

*** 1948 DODGE D-24 *** - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

1948 DODGE D-24 , 4 DOOR SUICIDE ,218 FLAT HEAD 6 ENGINE , 3 SPEED FLUID DRIVE TRANSMISSION , CAR HAS NOT BEEN ON THE ROAD FOR 12-15 YEARS . I HAVE IN RUNNING , DRIVING AND STOPPING AROUND THE NEIGHBORHOOD . 100% ORIGINAL CONDITION .  CAR IS NOT RUSTED OUT , DENTED OR DINGED . IT IS SUPER SOLID AND STRAIGHT FOR A 1948 .  I HAVE ALOT OF PAPERWORK ON THE CAR , INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL BILL OF SALE .  CLEAR , CLEAN TITLE IN HAND . NOTARY ON SITE .$4800 IS THE PRICE .... ITS FIRM

CALL MON - FRI 8AM - 5 PM

CALLS ONLT ... NO TEXT ... NO EMAILS

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1948 DODGE D-24 sedan.

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC a.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC b.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC c.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC d.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC e.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC f.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC g.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC h.jpg

'48 DODGE D-24 sedan NC i.jpg

• Like 3

Hmmm?

I wonder if the inside trunk color denotes an exterior color change at some point or was the green paint treatment something Dodge did to all cars this year? 

I did too, but the door jams are also maroon, Earl Shieb color changes never include the door jams.   A gray or olive paint may have been standard for all those Mopar bodies.   Taking the additional time and materials to color match the trunk lid underside and trunk interior may have been deemed not worth the expense.   Will have to remember to check other original Mopars to confirm that was the case.  

No pics of under the hood. 

If that is the original color then the firewall should be the same. Most of the time when a car is painted a different color the firewall is NOT changed to match the new color.

Also, I see green overspray on the trunk lid weatherstrip so I think there was some "touching up" done.