Would like to ID this car

nlbt

Thank you very much to both of you. Good to know the 1920s, as I'm trying to determine whose house it is.

To JFranklin, if the pic is not Dallas, then the next likely place is Monroe, LA, but the "atmosphere" looks like Dallas to me.

Not much to go on. Under axle wishbone means 1919 or later. Can't tell if it is early or late style engine/spring mount (that change was about 1920). Appears to be low radiator, so 1923 or earlier. Hard to tell, but it may have plain clear glass in the headlamps for lenses. That would have been up through 1920. 1921 had a one year only very distinctive "visored" glass lens. Late in 1921, the common "H" lens was introduced and continued all the rest of the way through the end of T production. The image is fuzzy enough, that I cannot say for certain it is not an "H" lens. However I would speculate it is likely a simple plain glass lens. 

So, likely a 1919 or 1920, but could be as late as a 1923.

• Like 1

28 Chrysler, Yes, that is why I am fairly sure it is a low radiator. The high radiator cars from the factory had the larger panel below the radiator. Those began showing up on some models about June of 1923. All body styles were getting them within a few months. All high radiator cars in 1923 were considered 1924 models, however to this day cause confusion for hobbyists, especially with the coupe. The real 1923 model coupe was the earlier suicide door model. Hobbyists back in the '50s got confused by the few early production 1924 model coupes and decided the earlier 1923 coupes were somehow wrong. Numerous books and articles back in the early days of the hobby stated that the earlier style ended in 1922, and that the updated coupes ran from 1923 through 1925. The updated coupes (I used to have one) were a two year model, '24 and '25.  (I think I digress too easily?)

The details in the OP photo aren't very clear, as well as not showing much of the car. It would be possible, though unlikely at that time, for it to be a later car missing the lower panel. There aren't any other good size references to judge the height of the radiator, and the difference between the two is only slightly more than an inch and a quarter.

Thank you for you interest and contribution.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...