vhprs

Wanted:  Set of four wood spoke wheels prefer pre-1920 to be used on Early Detroit Electric Autombile.  The original wheels have brittle rare Motz tires and we wish to preserve them.  We need a wood center that is at least 8 to 9+ inch diameter to accept the exchange hubs.  Prefer 24” Clincher style wheels to accept a 30 x 3 tire. We can have them picked up by FedX freight.

May I make a suggestion - while I admire your preservation efforts, perhaps just adapt on a set of Model T wire wheels and call it a day.  Or hunt out of Horseless Carriage Club for a set of wire wheels. The reason I say this is that wood wheels while authentic are not something most people like to mess with (an appropriate time of year to reference "Ghosts of Christmas pasts) and while the dollar value of an electric car is pretty secure with whatever choice of wheels - the vehicle is much more sale-able with wires (and equally appeals more to a younger audience), plus easier to balance, easier to change if a flat, and .... ? 

Gentlemen....thank you for your experienced input...I really do appreciate it.  Luckily...I can pursue the wood ones since I have the resources to generate new centers for "other make" wheels.  I am not so much worried about the re-sale value here...I guess I just "like" the look of the woodies and wish to see them on the electric.  Besides...when examining the original advertisements for early Detroits...Wood presentations take the majority of ads.  Thank you again for your excellent suggestions.