My 1929 Standard 6

Poppy510

Hello, this is my 1929 DB Standard 6. My great grandfather bought it new in Washington State. My dad and I restored it in the 1980s and now my son is excited about it! We are working through some fuel delivery issues and we will get it back on the road soon.

I never knew the detailed history of the Standard 6 until I found this site. I just thought it was the "standard" model. I'm still trying to learn some of the details of it.

Body code is 1733(3?) - the last number was drilled through

Engine is J89-708

I cant find the frame code on the cross member or toe plate.

Thanks for looking and the help on technical issues!

1.thumb.jpg.341283b03bfb4f8cf71546e0fe6dcf85.jpg

1842731065_Screenshot2020-12-17154756.thumb.png.37faf2c8519ca21f328a310aa4c11b03.png

Edited by Poppy510 (see edit history)
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Looks like a very nice car. You may want to check into it farther but I thing you have a deluxe Standard. Deluxe being the upper version, cowl lights and chrome. Standard being the model of car, like Victory or DA. 

I was only 16 years old at the time but I seem to remember my dad struggling with the choice of leaving the nickel-plating as-is, or replating in chrome. They are clearly chrome now.

Just now, Poppy510 said:

I was only 16 years old at the time but I seem to remember my dad struggling with the choice of leaving the nickel-plating as-is, or replating in chrome. They are clearly chrome now.

Also, the side mirrors and running board steps are not original to the car.

So nice to see a car stay in a family for so long. You guys did a really nice restoration if it was done back in the 80’s. It appears to be in exceptional condition. 
we have our dad’s Mustang that he bought new in 74 with only 17000 miles on it. It’s like new. Doesn’t compare to your dodge though. 

• Like 1