New to the group, heres my 29 chrysler roadster project

Hi everyone, i just signed up to the page and wanted to show off my new to me 1929 Chrysler Roadster project and get a little direction.   My plan is to keep it as vintage as possible. i had a friend of mine build me a 1956 dodge hemi 270 motor. I am currently looking for a A833 transmission from 1975 up as i would like the 4 speed manual with the OD. 

My big question right now is what to do with the rear diff and front suspension.  I want a highboy roadster look.  I would like to rebuild the original parts but upgrade the wheels/drums so i can mount a steelie rim and not the old wood wheels. as anyone done this with there original diff/axles and frontend?  

Thanks Doug

IMG_20201009_155635150_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201009_155623789_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201009_155644731_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, zipdang said:

Neat car, but "as vintage as possible" with the projected new driveline? Love watching projects unfold.

Ya i just want to keep it old school as best as i can. I would like to keep the rear diff but i want to know if i can convert the axles to have conventional steel wheels...like a ford or dodge pattern

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/10/2020 at 6:16 PM, keiser31 said:

The AACA site is mainly for keeping cars original. Go here for old school builds....be certain to introduce yourself there.

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/

Hi John, 

can you tell if the car on topic is a 65 or 75 with the info provided?

I was just curious due to production totals and if there might be a registry that would like to know about this car before it is converted.

10 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Hi John, 

can you tell if the car on topic is a 65 or 75 with the info provided?

I was just curious due to production totals and if there might be a registry that would like to know about this car before it is converted.

Looks to be a Model 65.

• Thanks 1