Children's Color Car printed items from 1924 and 1939

The "Good Times" booklet is fairly large and was a coloring book for kids to occupy themselves while riding in a car someplace ( or at home if they wanted to use paint) . the one I have is mostly neatly colored in and is not just on cars but is general subjects , the car shown inside looks more like something that dates from about a decade earlier then the print date of the item. The "Come To Life" item is British, was made by the Somke Brothers Ltd. company in London, but it notes it was printed in the Netherlands. My guess it is from 1930-1940 judging buy the cars illustrated on the cover.  It is a pop up book, as you can see by the inside pages - this was the auto scene, there is also and aviation scene. Really great item with die-cut images that come to life as you open and turn the heavy cardboard pages.

Well these were made to amuse and make kids happy then - and still are now but the kids looking at this are a bit older and most have gray hair ( if they still have any).  Hope this makes you smile.

Walt

PS for those of you shaking your heads and thinking " he has to much weird stuff" I totally agree with you 🙄

GoodTimes1928PAINTbook.jpg

ComeToLifestoriescover1939.jpg

ComeToLifeINSIDE.jpg

Edited by Walt G
changed to correct date of item (see edit history)
  • Like 2

• Walt G changed the title to Children's Color Car printed items from 1924 and 1939

Great stuff Walt, thanks for posting yet another fantastic topic.  I have a number of children's books in my collection(s) but I think one of my favorites is this early one that is published by Raphael Tuck.  It's interesting that the vehicle depicted on this is a close ringer for a circa 1899 Daimler.  I have copies printed in both English and German.  Each page of this great book shows a different early motoring scene. 

Terry

Childerns book 1.jpg

• Like 3