1969 Nissan Gloria. $9000 or offer. Not Mine

I thought you all might be interested in seeing this very unique Japanese car from the late '60's. I have no idea if it's a good deal, but I saw it on eBay and was struck by how many styling elements from small American cars of the era it seems to incorporate. I see shades of AMC, Mopar, Chevy II and maybe even Falcon in there somewhere. Right hand drive, though.

1969 Other Makes | eBay

From seller:

RARE opportunity to own a 1969 Nissan Gloria A30 imported from Japan in original condition (very clean for the year). Be aware the car is a right hand drive and has 3 speed manual transmission on the column. Car start right up everytime and runs great with NO LEAKS! Engine parts are easy to come by because the engine is still used in Nissan H20 forklifts, and the oil filter is from a Nissan SX240. You will be sure to turn heads with a car that most people have never seen. Speedometer and Odometer are in kilometers, so it has 38,524 kilometers (around 29,000 original miles). The car does drive at highway speeds (about 110 km/h)Some of the shortfalls include a few minor rust spots around, a peeling dashboard cover, one of the headlights doesn't work (but I usually just put on the highbeams because they aren't that bright), passenger front window doesn't roll down (mini window opens), and rear window behind driver is off track so it's held up by a screwdriver. May just need a couple tracks or may only need to be put back on track. Front suspension has been modified (lowered), maybe cut the springs. Buyer will be responsible for either picking up the car or having it shipped and the seller will assist with shipping arrangements. Please as any questions before bidding, Deposit due within 24 hours and final payment and arrangements need to be made within 7 days.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.64f8cda431989d4b2f63f4770d125eb5.jpg

I was in Japan around that time and lots and lots of people drove black cars similar to that.  It was kind of a thing then like blackout trucks are now in this country.  Can't specifically remember that car though.  Nice looking. 

• Like 1

Japanese taxi. The cities in Japan are awash with them, Glorias, Cedrics, Toyota Crowns. The drivers all wear white gloves. The cabs are always spotless. in and out and have lace seat covers, Unlike most of the world, being a cab driver is considered to be a very respectable profession. Our house in Japan is in a rural area so we never see cabs. Trucks, Step through Honda Cubs, Scooters. bicycles and little, toaster shaped, cars everywhere

19 minutes ago, CarlLaFong said:

Japanese taxi. The cities in Japan are awash with them, Glorias, Cedrics, Toyota Crowns. The drivers all wear white gloves. The cabs are always spotless. in and out and have lace seat covers, Unlike most of the world, being a cab driver is considered to be a very respectable profession. Our house in Japan is in a rural area so we never see cabs. Trucks, Step through Honda Cubs, Scooters. bicycles and little, toaster shaped, cars everywhere

Thanks for the education, Carl. I suppose there's a community of antique Japanese car and motorcycle enthusiasts over there?

Mostly looks like a 3/4 scale Japanese 1965-'66 AMC Ambassador.  Might be just as easy to find a righthand drive Ambassador with stick shift to restore and enjoy.  There has to be one left somewhere, AMC pursued the rural free delivery fleet market then. 

• Like 1